It needs a better name. I should ask Herbie. He announced last week that he wanted to become a celebrity chef. Which is probably better hours than a normal chef so i think he is on to a good thing.
Anyway, this is what we invented: The Coconut Curry Veggie Bake.
It takes about an hour to be ready to eat though it may be quicker without the eager assistance with blunt knives, not sure. It feeds 2 people as a main dish or 4 as a side dish.
Here goes, our first recipe.
1. Big frying pan and put oil salt and pepper.
2. Chuck in some generally smallish diced
- small onion or leek,
- a couple of cloves of garlic,
- a chilli,
- a thumb size bit of ginger.
3. Add some spices
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of cloves
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp of coriander
4. Chuck in whatever vegetables you have:
- mushrooms (3 or 4), a carrot, courgette, cabbage leaves, cauliflower, broccoli, some squash, just a handful of each, until your pan is full.
5. Stir and leave to do this:
6. Turn on oven, 180 (electric?)
7. Pour some Chickpea flour into a bowl and get pinching some soya spread (1 tsp?) plus salt and pepper in to make crumble crumbs - 5 mins of pinching.
8. Get a baking dish out and grease it a bit. Pour in veggies.
9. Open a tin of coconut milk and add to dish.
10. put your crumble on top - hopefully you have made enough to cover the whole thing with a thin layer.
11. Shove in the oven and leave for 20-30 mins.
Its quite nice. In fact its very nice.
You may notice that its all chickpea flour and soya spread - well thats Cazzer Vordemans fault we're still off the white stuff (not the children) and now i rather prefer it.