OK, Friday night was an orgy of Prince, admittedly early Prince and the singles mainly, but oh it was magic. What a funny guy (i've heard he got religion now so that would explain a lot), and how sort of home made it is, and really funky. i think Darling Nikki was the winner.
Why why do the radio always play ruddy Tom Jones's lame-arse version of Kiss and not the original. Its a crime.
So, following on from this we wondered whether other people were actually good . So, here goes:
- Queen: equally marvelous and hilarious, but what a voice. I porbably didn't need to hear 7 Seas of Rye, but the greatest of the greatest hits were great
- Madonna: meh! just about made it through Borderline.
- The Monochrome Set: Did one song, can see that many bands made a career out of copying them (stand up Franz Ferdinand)
- Magazine: maybe later
- Smiths - never not liked them - apart from the time when i hated them, ie when they existed, came to them late, 1993, but goodness what songs. I won't share you - heaven.
- Donna Summer: Love to love you Baby. Fantastic
- Jesus Christ Superstar - listen jesus - ok
- Aretha Franklin: say a little prayer nice
- Jean Knight: Mr Big Stuff: still good
- Jacksons: (Stop) The love you save - great
- Michael Jackson: alright, i guess, Billy Jean anyway, gave up after that
- Annie - Give a little love - well i love it
Also listened to Raime, Soft Moon ( i think?), Do you realise by the flaming Lips (brilliant) and lots more that i can't remember now.